Posted: Mar 28, 2023
WINCHESTER, Va. - The Royals baseball team headed to Shenandoah on Tuesday, for a midweek matchup against the #3 Hornets.
SU used 10 runs in the first three innings to pull away with a 15-0 win.
Records: EMU 5-18, 1-8 ODAC | Shenandoah 20-2, 7-1 ODAC
WP: Jacob Bell (4-0)
LP: Skylar Lacks (0-1)
- The Hornets struck for six runs in the first inning, taking advantage of six EMU walks along with three hits and an error. They added a pair in the second and third to lead 10-0 after three.
- EMU picked up its first hit in the second when Natty Solomon doubled and Alec Riles singled with two outs, sending Solomon to third. But a foul out ended the threat, keeping the Royals scoreless.
- Back-to-back singles from Aidan Miller and Logan Mason started off the Royals half of the third before a pair of strikeouts and a foul out once again kept EMU off the board.
- Cole Wallace looked impressive out of the Royals bullpen, going five innings and holding the Hornets high-powered offense to just three runs on four hits while striking out a pair.
- Alex Gulisano reached base in the fifth on a single and in the seventh on an error. Dylan Hall also picked up a base hit, doubling in the eighth in his pinch hit at-bat.
- The eighth was pitched by Colby Massengill, who sat SU down in order.
EMU will head to Lynchburg on Saturday for a doubleheader against the #11 ranked Hornets. First pitch of game one is at 12 pm.
To keep up to date with everything surrounding EMU baseball, follow EMU on Twitter and Instagram, like EMU Athletics on Facebook or visit our website.