Posted: Sep 01, 2022
HARRISONBURG, Va. - Sometimes the shots just don't find paydirt. That's exactly what happened to EMU Thursday night as the Hood keeper made big save after big save, keeping the Royals off the board. The Blazers came through with a goal late in the match that proved to be the game winner as Hood escaped Harrisonburg with a 1-0 win.
Records: EMU 0-1-0, 0-0-0 ODAC | Hood 1-0-0, 0-0-0 MAC
- 16' - EMU picked up a pair of shots early on, one each by Dallas Organek and Ethan McGee. But neither threatened the Blazers keeper as the match remained scoreless.
- 22' - McGee had another chance, this time on goal, but Nicholas Humphries made a save to his left to keep EMU off the board.
- 34' - Hood picked up their first shot of the game 10 minutes before halftime. But first-year keeper, Andrew Arledge, made a nice save to his right.
- 60', 63', 65' - EMU kept the Blazers keeper on his toes as they used a fast pace offense to get decent looks on goal. Organek and Ariel Bonilla both looked like they were going to find a home in the back of net, but Humphries denied them with saves.
- 70' - Bonilla once again looked like he was about to break the tie with back to back shots but just like before, Humphries came up big and kept EMU scoreless.
- 82' - After having just one shot through the first 81 minutes, Hood picked up its second with just over eight minutes left in the match. Anthony Polio beat the defense and put one past Arledge, who had come out to challenge Polio, giving Hood a 1-0 lead.
- 90' - Josh Maloney had one final chance for EMU, but his shot was saved by Humphries, securing the win for Hood.
- Bonilla - Four shots on goal
- Organek - Three shots, one on goal
- McGee - Two shots, one on goal
- Maloney - One shot on goal
- A. Arledge - One save
- EMU Defense - Held Hood scoreless for 81+ minutes and kept them to just two shots on goal
EMU will head north to Pennsylvania for the Elizabethtown Classic. They'll take on host Elizabethtown Sunday at 4:00 pm.
To keep up to date with everything surrounding the EMU men's soccer program this year, follow EMU on Twitter and Instagram, like EMU Athletics on Facebook or visit our website.