HARRISONBURG, Va. – After a weekend away from Harrisonburg, the Royals men's soccer team returned home, taking on Marymount on Saturday. A late Saints goal gave Marymount a lead and despite offensive pressure, the Royals weren't able to pick up the equalizer as they fell 1-0.
Records: EMU 0-4-0, 0-0-0 | Marymount 2-1-0, 0-0-0 Atlantic East
- 24' – It was a defensive battle in the first half and one of the only chances either team had in the opening frame came in the 23:18 mark. Ford DeVault got in behind the Saints defense and put a shot on goal, but the Marymount keeper made a nice save keeping things scoreless.
- 45' – Marymount's first shot on goal didn't come until the waning seconds of the first half, but EMU's Andrew Arledge picked up his first save of the match, sending both teams to the locker room tied at zero.
- 51' – Kaden Schrock picked up EMU's second shot on goal off a crosser at the start of the second half, but once again it was saved on a diving save.
- 73' – The Saints took the lead off a corner kick. Arledge punched away a crossing attempt, but the deflection went right to Brandon Loarte who put it in the right side of the net for the game-winner.
- 81' - Dallas Organek threatened with a header with just under 10 minutes left but his shot was right at the keeper. EMU wouldn't get another shot chance as Marymount held on the one-goal win.
DeVault, Organek, Schrock – 1 shot on goal
A. Arledge – 2 saves
EMU won't have much time to shake this loss off as they're right back on the pitch on Sunday. They'll take on the Bison of Gallaudet with kickoff slated to start at 3:00 pm.
To keep up to date with everything surrounding the EMU men's soccer program this year, follow EMU on Twitter and Instagram, like EMU Athletics on Facebook or visit our website.