Posted: Sep 21, 2022
HARRISONBURG, Va. - EMU welcomed Shenandoah to the turf field Wednesday, taking on the Hornets in both teams 2022 ODAC opener.
The Royals took an early lead with a first-half goal before Shenandoah picked up the equalizer just before halftime. Neither team was able to break the tie as the EMU and SU finished knotted at 1.
Records: EMU 1-4-2, 0-0-1 ODAC | Shenandoah 2-1-3, 0-0-1 ODAC
- 8' - EMU came out shooting with Ethan McGee picking up the Royals first shot on goal less than 10 minutes into the match. His shot was saved by the Hornets keeper who went to his right to pick up the save.
- 13' and 16 ' - Andrew Arledge picked up two saves to keep Shenandoah off the board and keep the game scoreless.
- 16' - Kaden Schrock played a pass to McGee coming up the left side of the field. McGee dribbled in and juked past the Hornets defender and put a pass into the box, finding Ford DeVault who used his left foot to put it past the diving SU keeper.
- 33' - Each team was able to keep offensive pressure on the other but neither team could break the tie until 12 minutes before halftime. Nicholas Mounkhaty fired a shot at A. Arledge and he made a great save, but Brenden Zabava was right there to put the rebound in, tying things at one.
- Both teams had chances in the second half but the keepers played well, each one picking up saves and ultimately preserving the tie.
- DeVault - 1 goal
- McGee - 2 SOG
- A. Arledge - 7 saves
EMU will continue ODAC play as they head south on Saturday for a matchup against Ferrum. Kickoff against the Panthers is at 4:00 pm.
To keep up to date with everything surrounding the EMU men's soccer program this year, follow EMU on Twitter and Instagram, like EMU Athletics on Facebook or visit our website.