LYNCHBURG, Va. – The EMU men's soccer team headed to Lynchburg Saturday, for an ODAC road matchup with Randolph.
After trailing 1-0 at the half, the Royals were able to tie things at one apiece with a 57th minute goal. But Randolph picked up three second-half goals en route to a 4-1 win over the Royals.
Records: EMU 1-9-6, 0-5-4 ODAC | Randolph 6-6-2, 3-5-1 ODAC
- 12' – The WildCats picked up their first shot on goal in the 12th minute as Ethan Meyer put one on goal. But Andrew Arledge came away with the save to keep Randolph off the board.
- 13' – Kaden Schrock had the first shot on goal for EMU as he put one on net, but the Randolph keeper made a save to keep the game scoreless.
- 19' – Midway through the half, Isaac Carney sent a pass to Brian Kuhl who was able to find the back of net, giving the WildCats a 1-0 lead. Both teams were able to pick up one more shot on goal each, to no avail, as the game stayed 1-0 at the half.
- 57' – The Royals were able to tie things up with a nice offensive set just 12 minutes into the second half. Off a corner kick from Ariel Bonilla, Logan Darrow fired a shot at the Randolph goal. The keeper made a save but the deflection came right to Ethan McGee who put it back to tie things at one.
- 64' – The EMU defense was able to keep Randolph from getting another shot on goal for the next seven minutes, but the WildCats picked up, what would prove to be the game-winner, on a goal from Noah Carney. They would tack on two insurance goals in the game's final 15 minutes.
McGee – 1 goal
Ford DeVault – 2 shots, 1 shot on goal
A. Arledge – 6 saves
EMU will wrap up their 2022 season on Wednesday when they welcome Roanoke to Harrisonburg. Kickoff is at 4 pm.
To keep up to date with everything surrounding the EMU men's soccer program this year, follow EMU on Twitter and Instagram, like EMU Athletics on Facebook or visit our website.